Pages

1.7.09

Ann Goldstein coming to the Stedelijk Museum

Undergoing renovation and closed for many years, the museum will reopen with a new artistic director, Ann Goldstein, now at the LA MoCa. The first buitenlander (foreigner) and first female.

In the year I lived on the P.C. Hoofstraat, around the corner from the Museumplein, I spent 3 of 5 weekdays drinking coffee in the cafe, chatting with my good friend Beppi, then a curator of prints and admiring contemporary art.

Most businesses, including museums, gave their employees two coffee breaks, one in the mid-morning, the other around half past three. The length of the breaks permitted us quite a bit of chatter.

I loved those coffee hours!

But I suspect all these years later, years of renovations and reconstruction, I might not recognize my old neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment