Pages

21.6.09

When Blogs make more sense than the Washington Post

Courtesy Time Inc.

I am discouraged, and perhaps even angry at how our news media, written and televised, report news.

I've been angry before and disappointed often, but I clung to the naive belief that a few of the major newspapers could be relied upon to write the news, and desist from editorialising and slanting it to match the opinion of a journalist.

One of the newspapers I thought I could count on was The Washington Post.

No more!

With an increasing number of opinion pieces by the neo-con right, fewer balanced pieces are appearing and just this week one of the few left of center bloggers was terminated.

It appears I am not alone in questioning the Post, and its motive for a recent firing; Salon article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment