Pages

29.3.09

Handmade Journals: The Vespiary Shop

Vespiary Journal, 4-1/2" x 7" Red Snakeskin Cover, 100 pages

Via Notebookstories, I checked out Vespiary's etsy shop, and fell in love with her snakeskin journal, a winner at any price but at $18.00 almost a steal.

But having learned that I would like my journals to be multi-purposed, I sent AudraLoyal a correspondence inquiry about her papers. No, they are not fountain-pen friendly, but she will make journals in a paper of your choosing.

Charcoal Grey and White journal, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" (bloggers)
with printmaking paper


This journal reminds me of one I had in 1993-1995; mine is charcoal grey and white and appears to have print making paper folios. It takes light washes, sharpies and yes, fountain pens without any discernible bleeding, feathering or show-through.

If I'm not mistaken I bought it on the Wharf in Providence. In those days, the Wharf was a regular weekend and summer weekday hang out and Ellen had her XoX gallery (long gone) on the corner. Up the narrow walk way towards the hurricane barriers was a gift shop that carried a great many paper products. Later they moved to North Main Street, tripled the size of the shop and raised their prices.

I wonder if they are still there? I couldn't find them doing a search, but then so much changes in cities they may have moved, gone out of business or changed their stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment