Pages

18.2.09

Ted Kennedy, Looking Back



The Boston Globe, a newspaper I read nearly every day, has done a marvelous job at looking at Senator Kennedy, not just as a statesman, but as a brother, a friend, a neighbour and as a fragile but strong human being.

It is Kennedy's human qualities that have always impressed me. None of us is perfect, all of us imperfect in our own eyes or in the eyes of others, but when we can and do rise not above, but with the storm driven waves of the pounding sea, and seek life, we have succeeded.



Senator Ted Kennedy, in my eyes, in his imperfection is perfect and I wish him a peaceful journey, hoping that in his heart he knows he did his best, and that some of us recognize and appreciate him and his efforts.

Ted Kennedy, I salute you as a former neighbour and constituent.

No comments:

Post a Comment