Pages

12.12.08

Card of the Day: The Chariot VII

If you follow Mary Greer's method of tarot card reading and numerology, I am the Chariot VII so the card has a double meaning and a personal one.

I have been persevering in my attempt to accomplish the maximum number of projects, especially those that are physical, in recent days. The pain is excruciating but like always I imagine that I am Diann Fossey scrambling through dense African terrain and I can keep going.

For many years when I worked in parasitology, I also was responsible for our animal colonies and especially the non-human primates. Interacting with chimpanzees, Rhesus, aotus, squirrels and the occasional capuchin or tamrin was one of the most interesting parts of studying malaria.

After I worked with Rhesus and chimpanzees, both very intelligent, I so wanted to work in the wild with gorillas and imagined that one day I would. It's too late now, but it is never too late to gather strength from the imagination.

The journey is the reward!
Image: The Art Archive/Bibliotèchqué des Arts Décoratifs/Gianni Dagli Orti

No comments:

Post a Comment